Super Mario Forums
Hey, paisanos! A-what do you want to do, mah little mushrooms?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Super Mario Forums
Hey, paisanos! A-what do you want to do, mah little mushrooms?
Super Mario Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen

4 posters

Go down

Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen Empty Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen

Post by Contra Sonic Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:37 am

Yep that thing decided to leave minor scratches on the touch screen and what should I do? - I don't think nintendo will even repair the screen even if it was the stylus' fault! how I can do this myself or just get a screen protector to hide those minor scratches? I don't want to send my Dsi XL to nintendo and wait for the repairs!

Also these are so minor the touch screen still works! XD
Contra Sonic
Contra Sonic
Proud member of SMBF =]
Proud member of SMBF =]

Usertitle : Creater and Owner of Time Warp Orchestra
Joined SMBF : 2009-09-22
Coins : 5323

Back to top Go down

Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen Empty Re: Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen

Post by FatalExplosionOfHappy Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, I wouldn't send it to repairs. Because I sent my screen to be repaired and it decided to snow a good 5 inches. What does that mean? The post was delayed. I emailed them and they said they have sent it despite it still not arriving and I'm still waiting for it.

Are the scratches engraved into the screen? Because if they are not, then you can get software screen polishing foam to polish minor screen blemishes and grease marks off. This worked on getting most of my screens scratches off, although most of them were not engraved. If that still does not work, then I recommend getting a screen protector and if anything, stop using the big stylus Smile
FatalExplosionOfHappy
FatalExplosionOfHappy
Proud member of SMBF =]
Proud member of SMBF =]

Usertitle : Hey I'm Libby =]
Joined SMBF : 2010-12-01
Coins : 4888

Back to top Go down

Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen Empty Re: Stupid Dsi XL pen stylus decided to leave minor scratches on touch screen

Post by Contra Sonic Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:52 pm

FatalExplosionOfHappy wrote:Well, I wouldn't send it to repairs. Because I sent my screen to be repaired and it decided to snow a good 5 inches. What does that mean? The post was delayed. I emailed them and they said they have sent it despite it still not arriving and I'm still waiting for it.

Are the scratches engraved into the screen? Because if they are not, then you can get software screen polishing foam to polish minor screen blemishes and grease marks off. This worked on getting most of my screens scratches off, although most of them were not engraved. If that still does not work, then I recommend getting a screen protector and if anything, stop using the big stylus Smile

It has so minor scratches I could try plastic scratch remover used for glasses and try that and the pen stylus has a little rough end and I had that on a angle and what caused these scratches and I have to keep it upright for now on.
Contra Sonic
Contra Sonic
Proud member of SMBF =]
Proud member of SMBF =]

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey Man Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 am

As long as the scratches aren't damaging your DSi or affecting gameplay, it isn't necessary to send it to repairs :]
The Monkey Man
The Monkey Man
Administrator
Administrator

Usertitle : Head Administrator :D
Joined SMBF : 2008-07-01
Coins : 17775

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Sonic Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 pm

The Monkey Man wrote:As long as the scratches aren't damaging your DSi or affecting gameplay, it isn't necessary to send it to repairs :]

It's not damaging my dsi xl but these scratches are getting a little but annoying!
Contra Sonic
Contra Sonic
Proud member of SMBF =]
Proud member of SMBF =]

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnna Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:04 am

You need to get a screen protector.
kpnna
kpnna
Mini-Mod
Mini-Mod

Usertitle : Who needs Obama when you can have Elmo?
Joined SMBF : 2010-05-14
Coins : 6088

Back to top Go down

Post by FatalExplosionOfHappy Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:06 pm

kpnna wrote:You need to get a screen protector.

Yep, that told you! Razz Laughing
FatalExplosionOfHappy
FatalExplosionOfHappy
Proud member of SMBF =]
Proud member of SMBF =]

Usertitle : Hey I'm Libby =]
Joined SMBF : 2010-12-01
Coins : 4888

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down